The Ideal 18 program has NBC-owned boats that are fully maintained by the club and available for exclusive use by members of the Ideal Program during the regular NBC season. The Ideal 18 is a keelboat designed by Bruce Kirby, the famed designer of the Laser & the Sonar. It is designed with safety and simplicity in mind. It is perfect for the new sailor but also appeals to experienced sailors of one-design racing.
Within the fleet, there are sailing programs for every interest. We offer:
- Learn to Sail - our sailing director conducts classroom sessions followed by on- water teaching.
- Advanced Sailing - for those more experienced, the emphasis is skippering and boat handling.
- Casual Sailing - sign out one of the boats and enjoy an afternoon on the Hudson.
- Women's Sailing - improve your sailing & skippering skills, and then gather on the patio with the group for a social evening.
- Racing - is offered for beginners in a fun, safe environment as well as sessions that are more competitive that would appeal to an experienced racer.
Join us. Become a Special Activity Member, which entitles you to access the Ideal Sailing Programs and use of related Nyack Boat Club facilities. Contact Admissions at email@example.com. To learn more about the Ideal 18, check out the Ideal 18 Class website.
Last updated 4:38pm on 9 September 2022